We really appreciate you taking the time to speak with us & give us the opportunity to steer your training and nutrition planning for the near future.
- We know there’s a lot of info out there and programs to choose from
- We’re advanced as coaches and athletes because we’ve studied our craft for decades, applied it in our own training AND in that of many others.
- In fact, combining traditional strength & conditioning with Gymnastics Strength Training (GST) saved Ash’s life as an athlete (literally – more on that here). Check out Ash and MOVE on IG @move_training_calisthenics.
- David Martino & Ashleigh Gass coach MOVE Nutrition. Check out David’s incredible personal story on IG @davidsfitnessliberty.com. He’s also been coaching nutrition online for almost a decade.
The importance of Synergy.
Synergy is the interaction or cooperation of 2+ variables to produce a combined effect. An effect greater than the sum of each part. This is why we structured MOVE Nutrition as a combined strategy integrating:
- Education – we cover a wide range of topics which are also modified along the way for YOU. We make our curriculum available for you to study on a weekly basis (short, brief modules) which we then customize to your needs every week.
- Weekly tracking- (we cover macros, food quality, nutrient timing etc)
- Body Composition Progress – (via pics, skin-folds & girth measurements)
We teach you how to think about food, as opposed to just tossing another meal plan in your lap. We’ve found over years and years that the process of teaching you ‘the stuff’ allows you to create your own meal plans based on your life. At the end of the day, very few people want to be told what they ‘have to’ eat during each meal of the day. It’s just ineffective. We help you with all this but as the saying goes:
“If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime”
Please read on for a more detailed overview of what the MOVE Nutrition Program entails.
- Nutrition – many of our students are well-versed in their nutrition, while others aren’t. Our job is to fine-tune this based on your current health and training goals. In other words, some people ‘know what to do’ but need firm strategies and accountability to do it. Others aren’t yet aware of the basics (say, the specific roles of amino acids, carbohydrates, and fats in the body). After auditing what you’re already doing, we map out the education and initial strategies to help you the quickest.
- Mindset – sometimes we get in our way. Don’t sweat it if this pops up along the way and modifications need to be made! We got you. This programming may include modifications while traveling, rest and recovery weeks if required, or modifications to prep strategies along the way. We get it – life happens. But our job is to help you KNOW you can do it all.
After you’ve jumped on board, we connect you into our app which allows you to start tracking daily meals. We call this our “food audit” – we take a close look at your patterns and food quality. This helps us with our initial approach. In other words, once we really see what’s happening, we can make better decisions. We also look for:
- Your health history.
- Your nutrition history. What works for you, what doesn’t, your strong points, and well, not-so-strong points. Supplement intake and history. What do you want to get out of working with us?
- Your schedule. Variables like food prep, support @ home, time – all matter to implement strategies that work for you.
Nutrition Programming and Coaching.
Custom Programming with extensive support for your relevant areas of nutrition. Plans are gradual and based on what we’re seeing in your progress photos, body comp data, and bi-weekly check-ins.
Programs are designed around your schedule. Modifications are released weekly. Changes will be made as needed based on your progress and attained results.
- Phase 1: foundations & cleaning up house. Determining which key habits are most important to address first.
- Phase 2: Dial in specific strategies (nutrient timing, etc)
- Phase 3: Finish it (prepare for a strong “maintenance” phase and a more independence based on what you’ve learned.
Nutrition coaching is based on your goals and the behaviors required to move you forward in reaching and sustaining a high level of functional health.
Habits and lessons potentially explored throughout the first 8-weeks include:
- Meal Prep and organization around meal planning
- Developing a ‘Healthy’ Relationship with your Food (modifying the idea of “good vs. bad”)
- The 10% rule
- “Anytime” meals & shakes
- High-quality proteins with meals & why
- High-quality fats with meals & why
- Getting reconnected with fruits and vegetables (when, and why)
- Getting smart About carbs (in particular, nutrient timing)
- Refeeds & ‘diet breaks’
- Intermittent fasting (IF) when, why, and whether to integrate this.
- Recording Your Intake
- Recording body comp stats above and beyond bodyweight
- Creating and using a sleep ritual (and why this is imperative to your success)
- Taking a break and using targeted recovery strategies
- Supplements – navigating the arena
Throughout the program, your level of nutritional knowledge will change, and thus we will evolve and refine our process accordingly.
During our monthly review call, we cover any and all additional information needed above and beyond our weekly check-ins to date.
Supplemental Resources and Support Materials.
- Resources provided based on your needs. Potential resources include shopping lists, checklists, cheat sheets, action lists, and educational modules.
Private 1-on-1 Support throughout the program.
- Weekly check-ins – to ensure you are set up for a successful start. During the program, you are on track, working through your challenges, and reassessing and refocusing efforts to ensure you stay the course with overall goals constantly in mind. These check-ins include communication inside our app as well as email feedback. You’ll have access to us continually, and we aim to over-deliver continually.
Additional Tools and Resources to Help You Succeed.
- Training & Nutrition App tracks and reports your customized workouts and provides direct accountability check-ins with us (you may have access also to custom workouts as we go)
- Access your coach 24-7 via our coaching apps & business text line for daily communication, accountability, questions, and support.
- Advice and guidance on supplements and various health testing.
- Access to book a 1-on-1 SOS call at any time with us to deal with any challenges.
Want to know more about what people say about Ash, J, David, and the MOVE Crew?
Check out the following — here.
Please welcome David Martino to our team.He’s got a story many of you may relate to.
” My name is David Martino and fitness saved my life… At the age of 21, I was 225 at 5′ 2 and struggled with balanced eating my entire adolescence and early adult life. Over the years and through trial and error, I have been able to lose and keep off around 80 pounds. I saw what this change did for my life and now, I am dedicated to helping others do the same. I’ve been coaching online since 2016 and have had the pleasure of changing 100’s of lives and counting!
“I am dedicated to providing top-level coaching and education personalized to each client’s goals, abilities and capabilities.”
He’s a NASM Certified Personal Trainer, CrossFit Level 1 Coach, & Level 1 PN Nutrition Coach. He’s personally spearheaded 100’s of transformations in the online space (see here).
Ash has done a lot over the past 15 years. In addition to tons of formal education, she’s applied her knowledge with dozens of clients as well as having been an athlete and competitor for her whole life.
She has a master’s degree in Human/Clinical Nutrition through The University of Bridgeport, is a Certified Sports Nutritionist through The International Society of Sports Nutrition (CISSN), in addition to being one of the few CSCSs in Florida (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist). She is also a Certified Clinical Nutritionist (CCN), and a Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS).
Click Here To Get Started!
We are offering a special discount for first timers